Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

SARDIS WELSH INDEPENDENT CHAPEL, BODFFORD

Site Details



NPRN 8689

Map Reference SH47NW

Grid Reference SH42727687

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Bodffordd

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Sardis Independent Chapel in Bodfford is a typical small and simple late nineteenth-century single-storey chapel. The cause began in 1814 and the first chapel was built in that year. The chapel was enlarged in 1824, repaired or restored in 1846 and again in 1865. A major rebuild was completed in 1895 and the resulting structure, which survives today, is single-storey with Simple Round-Headed windows. The main entrance has a porch and is on the south-western side. There is a circular plaque above the porch recording the re-build of 1895. In 2007 it was still in use as a chapel.

RCAHMW, June 2009.

Digital Images

Archive Records