Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

BETHLEHEM WELSH BAPTIST CHURCH, CEMAES

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 8694

Map Reference SH39SE

Grid Reference SH37329349

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Llanbadrig

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description The cause at Bethlehem Chapel began in 1823, but the present building is a simple rural structure built in the Vernacular style with flat-headed windows dating to 1856, according to the plaque set in the gable of the entance facade. A great-arch design breaking into the gable is set into the render of the front, but this is now partially obscured by the porch. In 2003 Bethlehem was still used as a chapel. There is a small chapel house at the rear with a small Sunday Schoolroom behind.

RCAHMW June 2009.

Digital Images

Archive Records