Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CAPEL-Y-PARC (WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL;PARK)

Site Details



NPRN 8705

Map Reference SH48NW

Grid Reference SH44838694

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Rhosybol

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Capel-y-Parc Methodist Chapel was built in 1820 and rebuilt in 1860 in the Sub-Classical and later Vernacular style of the short-wall entry type. A schoolroom was added c.1840 and a chapel house and stable c.1860. The chapel was restored and the sunday school rebuilt in 1893.

RCAHMW, February 2010