Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

BEERSHEBA CHAPEL (WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST;CAPEL MAWR;MENAI BRIDGE), CHAPEL ST., MENAI BRIDGE

Site Details



NPRN 8708

Map Reference SH57SE

Grid Reference SH55697180

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Menai Bridge

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Beersheba Methodist Chapel was first built in 1838 and rebuilt in 1856. A chapel house was added in 1860 and the chapel re-roofed in 1871. In 1904 Beersheba was renovated with the addition of a rear extention for the choir, heating and new pews. The present chapel, dated 1856, is built in the Classical/Renaissance style of the gable-entry type. . Beersheba is now Grade 2 Listed as a fine example of a mid-nineteenth century chapel, with an exceptional interior of fine fittings and plasterwork.

RCAHMW, February 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records