Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CANA WELSH INDEPENDENT CHAPEL, LLANDDANIEL-FAB

Site Details



NPRN 8714

Map Reference SH47SE

Grid Reference SH49437037

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Llanddaniel Fab

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Cana Independent Chapel was first built in 1825, extended in 1855 and rebuilt in 1862 The present chapel, dated 1862, was built by architect Thomas Thomas of Landore in the Classical style of the gable-entry type. In 1906 this chapel was extended and the Renaissance style entrance erected. Cana is now Grade 2 Listed as a well-preserved nineteenth century chapel and schoolroom, built on an ambitious scale for a small rural area and retaining many original features such as the fine decorative plasterwork.

RCAHMW, February 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records