Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CAPEL TALWRN (WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST;CAPEL NYTH CLYD), LON GROES, TALWRN

Site Details



NPRN 8723

Map Reference SH47NE

Grid Reference SH48627690

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Llanddyfnan

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Capel Talwrn Methodist Chapel was first built in 1803, rebuilt in 1851 and rebuilt again in 1880. The present chapel, dated 1880, is built in a mixed Vernacular/Sub-Classical style with a gable-entry plan, to the design of architect Richard Davies of Bangor. The chapel has a manse and schoolroom attached.

RCAHMW, February 2010

Archive Records