Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

BOSRAH WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, PEN-Y-SARN, AMLWCH

Site Details



NPRN 8726

Map Reference SH49SE

Grid Reference SH45929067

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Llaneilian

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Bozrah Methodist Chapel is a good example of a hipped-roof mid-nineteenth century 'box' chapel. It was built in 1864 and has simple round-headed windows with pointed gothic glazing-bars or tracery. It is noteworthy in having a small enclosed square in front flanked by what appear to be two houses but the one on the right (north-west) is a stable or store with a Sunday School above. The interior has a flat ceiling and raked pews ascending from a tub pulpit and sedd fawr, which back onto an interior porch behind the central front wall. It was still in use as a chapel in 2007 and Grade 2 Listed.

RCAHMW, June 2009.

Digital Images

Archive Records