Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

SEILO CHAPEL (CALVINISTIC METHODIST;SILOH), PENGORFFWYSFA

Site Details



NPRN 8727

Map Reference SH49SE

Grid Reference SH46699205

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Llaneilian

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Seilo Methodist Chapel was first built in 1826 and rebuilt in 1835 in the Sub-Classical and Vernacular style of the short-wall entry type. A sunday school was added in 1896 and a chapel house in 1936. By 1999 the chapel had closed and services were being held in the Sunday School.

RCAHMW, February 2010