Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

BRYN DU CHAPEL (WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST), BRYN DU, LLANFAELOG

Site Details



NPRN 8737

Map Reference SH37SW

Grid Reference SH34487283

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Llanfaelog

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Bryn Du Methodist Chapel was first built in 1795 and demolished in 1859. Meanwhile a second and more elaborate chapel had been built just 20 feet away in 1814, and a third chapel built, on the site of the first, in 1859. The fourth and present chapel was built in 1901 in the Classical style of the gable-entry type and with a large arch in the facade. Bryn Du is now Grade 2 Listed as a well-dtailed early twentieth century chapel with its original interior virtually intact.

RCAHMW, February 2010

Archive Records