Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

LLANFAETHLU CHAPEL (WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST;EBENEZER), LLANFAETHLU

Site Details



NPRN 8742

Map Reference SH38NW

Grid Reference SH31338688

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Llanfaethlu

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Llanfaethlu Methodist Chapel was first built in 1839 to the design of Richard Jones of Llanfwrog. This was modified in 1860 and then rebuilt in 1878 by architect Richard Davies of Bangor. Further rebuilding work took place in 1908, under architect Joseph Owen of Menai Bridge, and a Sunday School added in 1905. The present chapel, dated 1908, is built in the Arts and Craft style of the long-wall entry type.

RCAHMW, February 2010

Archive Records