Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

BENLLECH WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST, BENLLECH

Site Details



NPRN 8746

Map Reference SH58SW

Grid Reference SH51878304

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Llanfair-mathafarn-eithaf

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Benllech's Congregation, or cause, was established in 1900 and the chapel built at that time. This chapel is built in the Arts & Crafts Style, with perpendicular Gothic windows typical of that date, and a long-wall entry plan. Benllech was designed by architect Richard Davies of Bangor (G.Jones,'Capeli Mon', p.45). There is a fairly simple platform pulpit at one end of the building and a series of arched ribs supporting a plain ceiling flat above the centre of the ribs.

RCAHMW, February 2010

Archive Records