Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

TABERNACL CHAPEL, LLANFAIR MATHAFARN EITHAF

Site Details



NPRN 8748

Map Reference SH58SW

Grid Reference SH50448232

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Llanfair-mathafarn-eithaf

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Tabernacl Methodist Chapel was built by builder W. Pritchard in 1820 and modified in 1824. The north wall was rebuilt in 1834 and in 1878 the chapel rebuilt and significantly enlarged to the design ofarchitect Richard Davies of Bangor. The present chapel, dated 1878, is built in the Vernacular style of the gable-entry type.

RCAHMW, February 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records