Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

LIBANUS CHAPEL (WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST), LLANFECHELL

Site Details



NPRN 8762

Map Reference SH39SE

Grid Reference SH36909123

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Mechell

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Libanus Methodist Chapel was built in 1832 and rebuilt in 1850 to the design ofarchitect Hugh Jones of Llanfechell. The chapel was rebuilt/extended in 1863 and again in 1903. The present chapel, dated 1903, is built in the Classical style of the gable-entry type.

RCAHMW, February 2010

Archive Records