Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

EBENESER WELSH INDEPENDENT CHAPEL (EBENEZER;RHOSMEIRCH), RHOSMEIRCH

Site Details



NPRN 8777

Map Reference SH47NE

Grid Reference SH46227769

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Llangefni

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Ebenezer Independent Chapel was first built in 1749, rebuilt in 1800 and again in 1869. The present chapel, dated 1869, is built in the Classical style of the gable-entry type with a large arch in the facade, and was designed by architect Thomas Thomas of Landore. The chapel has an attached house and school/vestry.

RCAHMW, March 2010