Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

SMYRNA WELSH INDEPENDENT CHAPEL, GLANHWFA ROAD, LLANGEFNI

Site Details



NPRN 8778

Map Reference SH47NE

Grid Reference SH4586275499

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Llangefni

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Smyrna Independent Chapel was built in 1844, rebuilt in 1870 and again in 1903. The present chapel, dated 1903, is built in the Classical style with a gable-entry plan, triple window and great arch. Smyrna is now Grade 2 Listed as a well-preserved early twentieth century chapel.

RCAHMW, March 2010

Archive Records