Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CAPEL AND TY CILDWRN (EBENESER;BAPTIST;WESLEYAN;EVANGELICAL), FFORDD CILDWRN ROAD, LLANGEFNI

Site Details



NPRN 8784

Map Reference SH47NE

Grid Reference SH45177599

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Llangefni

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Ty Cildwrn Baptist Chapel was first built in 1791 and the renowned preacher Christmas Evans was Minister here from 1791 to1826. The chapel was modified in 1810 and a gallerey installed in 1815. During 1846-49 the roof was raised and the interior remodelled. The chapel was modified again in 1866 and then rebuilt in 1878. The present chapel, dated 1878, is built in the Vernacular style of the long-wall entry type. After Capel Penuel (NPRN:8780) was opened in 1898, Capel Cildwrn was disused for part of the twentieth century, but renovated and re-opened to services during the 1980's and now Grade 2* Listed.

RCAHMW, March 2010

Archive Records