Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

HOREB CHAPEL (WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST), LLANGRISTIOLUS

Site Details



NPRN 8796

Map Reference SH47SW

Grid Reference SH43107272

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Llangristiolus

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Horeb Chapel, built in 1764, was the first Calvinistic Methodist chapel on Anglesey. This chapek was rebuilt in 1777, 1810, 1893 and 1901. The present chapel, dated 1901, is built in the later Vernacular style of the short-wall entry type.

RCAHMW, March 2010

Archive Records