Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

HOREB CHAPEL (CALVINISTIC METHODIST), A4080 AND CHAPEL STREET, BRYNSIENCYN

Site Details



NPRN 8801

Map Reference SH46NE

Grid Reference SH48166713

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Llanidan

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description The first Horeb Methodist Chapel was built in 1785 at Minffordd and a second chapel in 1806 in Mount Pleasant (and later converted to the Assembly Rooms c.1883). A third chapel was built in 1841 and the present chapel built nearby in 1883, in the Romanesque style of the gable-entry type. This chapel was modified internally and renovated in 1963 and is now Grade 2 listed, as a good example of a large scale chapel, ambitious for a small rural community, and for it's links with the famous methodist preacher, John Williams.

RCAHMW, March 2010

Archive Records