Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

BETHEL HEN CHAPEL (WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST), LLANRHUDDLAD

Site Details



NPRN 8809

Map Reference SH38NW

Grid Reference SH33238912

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Cylch-y-garn

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Bethel Hen Methodist Chapel was first built in 1772, enlarged in 1787, modified further in 1799 and rebuilt in 1839. The present chapel dates from the final rebuild in 1905, to the design of architect Joseph Owen of Menai Bridge, in the Gothic style with a long-wall entry and integral tower.

RCAHMW, March 2010

Archive Records