Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

TABOR WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, VALLEY

Site Details



NPRN 8819

Map Reference SH27NE

Grid Reference SH2932379198

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Valley

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description The chapel at this location is the second built for the Tabor congregation in Valley, following an earlier one built on a different site in 1824. The later chapel was built in 1861, then rebuilt in 1881 to the design of architect R G Thomas of Menai Bridge. It has an entrance in the gable wall and a simple great arch in the pediment enclosing a circular window. Its main south-eastern facade, which faces the road, is Italianate in character.

RCAHMW, July 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites