Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

EBENESER CHAPEL (CALVINISTIC METHODIST;EBENEZER;CAPEL ISAF), CHAPEL STREET, NEWBOROUGH

Site Details



NPRN 8827

Map Reference SH46NW

Grid Reference SH42506553

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Rhosyr

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Ebeneser Methodist Chapel was first built in 1785, restored in 1835, rebuilt in 1861 and rebuilt again in 1881. The present chapel, dated 1881, is built to the design of architect Richard Davies of Bangor, in the Sub-Classical style of the gable-entry type.A sunday school was added in 1892 and other alterations/additions/fittings since, such as the lectern of 1897.

RCAHMW, March 2010

Archive Records

Associated Sites