Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

PENYGARNEDD CHAPEL (WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST;PEN-Y-GARNEDD;ELIM), PEN-Y-GARNEDD

Site Details



NPRN 8837

Map Reference SH57NW

Grid Reference SH53627664

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Pentraeth

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Penygarnedd Methodist Chapel was built in 1793, rebuilt in 1824 and rebuilt again in 1876. The present chapel, dated 1876, is built in the Sub-Classical style of the gable-entry type. The building is now Grade 2 Listed as a simple nineteenth century chapel retaining many original features.

RCAHMW, March 2010

Archive Records