Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

SARDIS WELSH BAPTIST CHURCH, FOUR MILE BRIDGE, PONTRHYDBONT

Site Details



NPRN 8840

Map Reference SH27NE

Grid Reference SH27827827

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Rhoscolyn

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description The congregation at Sardis was formed in 1828 and the chapel built in the same year. This was rebuilt in 1839 and again in 1861. The present hipped-roof 'box' form of the chapel suggests its walls substantially date from 1839. The round-headed windows and the porch on the south-eastern entrance front probably date from 1861. The small Sunday School extension on the north-eastern corner of the chapel's rear probably dates from the same period. Sardis was still in use as a chapel in 2007.

RCAHMW, July 2008

Digital Images

Archive Records