Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

BETHANIA WELSH INDEPENDENT CHAPEL, RHOS-Y-BOL

Site Details



NPRN 8844

Map Reference SH48NW

Grid Reference SH42818888

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Rhosybol

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description The Bethania Independent cause began in 1883 and the chapel completed in the following year. Bethania is a simple rendered building with a circular wheel-window over a central door in the gable-end, capped by a half-round plaque in the gable. This is flanked by tall round-headed windows that continue around the sides of the building and which have simple double lancet gothic tracery below a top circular light. In 2003 the building was still in use as a chapel.

RCAHMW, January 2008.

Digital Images

Archive Records