Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

MOREIA WELSH INDEPENDENT CHAPEL, GWALCHMAI-ISAF

Site Details



NPRN 8855

Map Reference SH37NE

Grid Reference SH38747627

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Trewalchmai

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description The Welsh Independent cause at Gwalchmai-isaf was established in 1844 and Moreia chapel opened in 1847. This was modified in 1892 and rebuilt/enlarged in 1902 in the Italianate style.

RCAHMW, July 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records