Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

EBENEZER WELSH INDEPENDENT CHAPEL, EBENEZER STREET; MOUNT PLEASANT, HEOL-Y-FELIN, TRECYNON, ABERDARE

Site Details



NPRN 8882

Map Reference SN90SE

Grid Reference SN99430357

Unitary (Local) Authority Rhondda, Cynon, Taff

Old County Glamorgan

Community Aberdare

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Ebeneezer Independent Chapel was first built in 1811, rebuilt in 1829, was enlarged/renovated in 1853 and rebuilt in1902. The present chapel, dated 1902, is built in the Classical style of the gable-entry type, by architects Owen Morris Roberts of Portmadoc. The chapel has an impressive porch with a central opening with a metal column and entrances off to the left and right . The porch roof has three pointed head roof lines infilled with wrought iron circles. A Sunday school opened in 1880 and closed in 1919. Ebeneezer is now Grade 2 Listed.The Chapel ceased to be a place of worship in April 2009.

RCAHMW, April 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records