Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

SILOH WELSH INDEPENDENT CHAPEL, MOUNT PLEASANT STREET, TRECYNON, ABERDARE

Site Details



NPRN 8894

Map Reference SN90SE

Grid Reference SN99580332

Unitary (Local) Authority Rhondda, Cynon, Taff

Old County Glamorgan

Community Aberdare

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Siloh Independent Chapel was first built in 1889 and rebuilt in 1902. The chapel is built in the Classical style with a gable-entry plan and two-storey design. Siloh has a large hall/Sunday school building adjoining to the right-hand side of chapel which included a vestry. By 1998 the chapel had fallen into disuse and by 2004 was in commercial use.

RCAHMW, April 2010