Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

SARON WELSH INDEPENDENT CHAPEL, DAVIS STREET, ABERAMAN

Site Details



NPRN 8896

Map Reference SO00SW

Grid Reference SO01260150

Unitary (Local) Authority Rhondda, Cynon, Taff

Old County Glamorgan

Community Aberaman

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Saron Independent Chapel was first built in 1849, enlarged in 1856 and renewed in 1871 and 1890. The present building, dated 1890, is built in the Sub-Classical style of the gable-entry type. Internally the pulpit is located against the rear wall and there is a gallery running around three sides of the interior supported on columns. Saron is now Grade 2 Listed for it's 'exceptionally fine interior of the later nineteenth century' (CADW).

RCAHMW, April 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records