Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

BETHEL WELSH BAPTIST CHAPEL, ABERNANT ROAD, ABERNANT, ABERDARE

Site Details



NPRN 8902

Map Reference SO00SW

Grid Reference SO01330351

Unitary (Local) Authority Rhondda, Cynon, Taff

Old County Glamorgan

Community Aberdare

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Bethel Baptist Chapel was first built in 1856 and was extensively modified in 1862 and 1895. The Chapel is built in the Simple Round-Headed style, with gable-entry via a central lean-to porch. It has two storeys, a possible basment and a side room built off to the rear right of the chapel with stairs. The front facade is plain, with three sipla round-haeded windows to the upper storey, and two flat-headed windows to the lower storey flanking the porch. All the windows have marginal glazing. The porch has simple double- panelled doors with no overlight.

RCAHMW, August 2008

Digital Images

Archive Records