Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

GWAWR BAPTIST CHAPEL, REGENT STREET, ABERAMAN

Site Details



NPRN 8910

Map Reference SO00SW

Grid Reference SO01230136

Unitary (Local) Authority Rhondda, Cynon, Taff

Old County Glamorgan

Community Aberaman

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Gwawr Baptist Chapel was built in 1849 and rebuilt in 1871 to the design of architect Morgan Philips. The later chapel was built in the Simple Round-Headed style of the gable-entry type. By 2002 Gwawr had been demolished and the site is now in residential use.

RCAHMW, April 2010