Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

RAMOTH WELSH BAPTIST CHAPEL, TREVENOCK PLACE, HIRWAUN

Site Details



NPRN 8914

Map Reference SN90NE

Grid Reference SN95870556

Unitary (Local) Authority Rhondda, Cynon, Taff

Old County Glamorgan

Community Hirwaun

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Ramoth Baptist Chapel was first built in 1825 and rebuilt in 1837 to the design of architect William Lewis of Aberdare. The chapel was rebuilt again in 1867, this time by architect Henry Thomas of Briton Ferry, and then further modified in 1894. The current building, dated 1867, is constructed in the Sub-Classical style of the gable-entry type. Ramoth closed in 1986 but was reopened 1994.

RCAHMW, October 2008

Digital Images

Archive Records