Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CARMEL CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, HIRWAUN ROAD, TRECYNON, ABERDARE

Site Details



NPRN 8925

Map Reference SN90SE

Grid Reference SN99700321

Unitary (Local) Authority Rhondda, Cynon, Taff

Old County Glamorgan

Community Aberdare

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Carmel Methodist Chapel was first built in 1829 and then rebuilt in 1896 by the builder J Morgan. A vestry was added in 1873 and the chapel rebuilt again in 1933, in the Sub-Classical style with a gable-entry plan. This chapel was demolished in 1989 and a Meeting House for the Plymouth Brethren built on the site in 1993. Between 1988 and 1996, the Carmel congregation shared Siloh, Trecynon with the Congregationalists.

RCAHMW, March 2015

Archive Records