Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

LIBANUS WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, LEWIS STREET, ABERAMAN

Site Details



NPRN 8929

Map Reference SO00SW

Grid Reference SO01190153

Unitary (Local) Authority Rhondda, Cynon, Taff

Old County Glamorgan

Community Aberaman

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Libanus Methodist Chapel was first built in 1848 by the architect Evan Harris of Merthyr. This was rebuilt in 1876 in the Sub-Classical style of the gable-entry type. By 1990 the chapel had fallen into disuse.

RCAHMW, April 2010

Archive Records