Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

NAZARETH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, ABERNANT ROAD, ABERDAR; ABERDARE

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 8931

Map Reference SO00SW

Grid Reference SO00530272

Unitary (Local) Authority Rhondda, Cynon, Taff

Old County Glamorgan

Community Aberdare

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Nazareth Methodist Chapel was built in 1860 and renovated in 1905. The chapel is built in the Classical/Romanesque style of the gable-entry type, with two storeys, round-headed windows with Y glazing and a fan light above a double doorway. Nazareth closed in 1965 and has since been converted for commercial use by Jewsons.

RCAHMW, April 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records