Ruins of a two storey range, including a first-floor hall and solar tower define the E side of a "D" shaped enclosure, c.40m ENE-WSW by 26m, otherwise defined by a stone curtain wall.
A further enclosure, c.44m by 30m, on the NE may be associated with the castle.
Fabric dated to the e. 14th c, possibly on the site of an earlier enclosure, in-use as an elite dwelling and consequently modified, until at least 1808. Served as a farmhouse until the l.19th c.
Source: RCAHMW 2000 Glamorgan III.1b 'the Later Castles', 408-17.