Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ROATH PARK ENGLISH PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH;ST ANDREW'S UNITED REFORMED CHURCH, PENYLAN ROAD, ROATH

Site Details



NPRN 9318

Map Reference ST17NE

Grid Reference ST19277807

Unitary (Local) Authority Cardiff

Old County Glamorgan

Community Roath

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Roath Park Presbyterian Chapel was built in 1897 to the design of architects Habershon & Fawckner of Newport. The chapel is stone built in an elaborate Gothic style with a gable-entry plan and integral tower. The doorway, with traceried arch and decorated panels, is a copy of the thirteenth century west door of Tintern Abbey and the great window above is a copy of one of the transept windows in Melrose Abbey, Scotland. Roath Park is now Grade 2 Listed.

RCAHMW, June 2010

Archive Records