A restored and re-erected monolith that stands on a low rise close to the river Alaw. The stone, which had shattered into three fragments, is 2.6m high by 0.9m wide by 0.76m thick. In 1969 it was bound by iron hoops and was set in concrete.
A second stones lies some 3.6m to the north. It was possibly originally upright, forming a pair with the bound stone.
Standing stones such as this are often found to be Bronze Age ritual monuments, although others were raised as cattle rubbing stones.
Source: RCAHM Anglesey Inventory (1937), 114
John Wiles, RCAHMW, 9 August 2007