Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

SPLOTT ROAD ENGLISH WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL, HABERSHON STREET; BARNABY STREET, CARDIFF

Site Details



NPRN 9388

Map Reference ST27NW

Grid Reference ST20237664

Unitary (Local) Authority Cardiff

Old County Glamorgan

Community Splott

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Splott Road Methodist Chapel was built in 1885 and rebuilt in 1896. The present chapel, dated 1896, is built in the simple Arts and Crafts and later Vernacular style of the gable-entry type, to the design of architects Habershon and Fawckner of Newport.
A school hall was added in 1905.

RCAHMW, June 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records