Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ABERTRIDWR WELSH INDEPENDENT CHAPEL, CHURCH STREET;EGLWYSILAN ROAD, ABERTRIDWR

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 9392

Map Reference ST18NW

Grid Reference ST11888934

Unitary (Local) Authority Caerphilly

Old County Glamorgan

Community Aber Valley

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Abertridwr Chapel was first built in 1856 and rebuilt in 1901. The main facade which dated from 1901, was built in the simple Romanesque style with round-headed windows and a large 'Halo'arch in the pediment. Within the arch was set a datestone inscribed ; ABERTRIDWR CAPEL YR ANNIBYNWYR ADEILADWYD 1901'. Abertridwr closed in 1992 and was later demolished.

RCAHMW, June 2010