Crimea Colliery’s ruins of a stone built steam pumping engine house, winding engine house and chimney that operated from 1854 to 1862, are still substantially intact. They are located among the undergrowth to the west of the main Swansea Valley road. The embankment of a tramroad down to a tipping-stage on the Swansea Canal is among the remains.
Site entry by Stephen Hughes for Buildings of Glamorgan, John Newman, 1995
A Guide to the Industrial Archaeology of the Swansea Region, by Stephen Hughes and Paul Reynolds, AIA, 1989
Claire Parry, RCAHMW, 24 August 2011