Sudbrook Camp is a defended enclosure situated on the shore of the Bristol Channel at the southern end of the village of Sudbrook. It is defined by up to four lines of ditched ramparts that form a roughly triangular area, about 200m from east-north-east to west-south-west by 92m, resting on a low eroding cliff line on the south. Excavations between 1934 and 1936 (Nash Williams 1939), produced late Iron Age, Romano-British and medieval pottery, although the interpretation of their contexts has been questioned (Knight 1971, 18; Sell 2001).
Nash Williams 1939 (AC 94), 42-79;
Knight 1971 (Mon. Ant. 3), 17-19;
Sell 2001 (Studia Celtica 35), 109-141.
J.Wiles, RCAHMW, 24 October 2003.