Llangybi Castle is set upon a summit of a steep sided ridge and is surrounded by forestry. It is a sub-rectangular enclosure, about 164m by 78m, defined by ruinous walls and towers. The principal facade, facing west, has the wreck of a monumental twin-towered gatehouse and a shattered, complex tower, and is fronted by a ditch and counterscarp. The castle thought to have been constructed in the early fourteenth century, replacing an earlier castle to the east (NPRN 307862), but it was soon neglected and decayed. A park may have been established at the same time as the castle (see Long Text attached to Nprn265981).
source: King & Perks 1956
J.Wiles, RCAHMW, 13 February 2003