Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CWMAFAN METHODIST CHAPEL, DEPOT ROAD/SALEM ROAD, CWMAFON

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 9514

Map Reference SS79SE

Grid Reference SS78359226

Unitary (Local) Authority Neath, Port Talbot

Old County Glamorgan

Community Cwmavon

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval, 20th Century, 19th Century

Site Description In 1847 the Methodists were given a plot of land at the end of the main Engineering depot in Cwmavon, and after 2 years the first chapel was built. In 1972 this was demolished and the current chapel built in a 20th century vernacular style of brown brick, partially pebbledashed. A closing service was conducted on the 10th October 2010 and the chapel has subsequently been converted for holiday rental accommodation.

RCAHMW, March 2014