A small fortress on a narrow ridge with precipitous sides, about half a mile ESE of Maenan House. Access from the North is prevented by a ditch about 5ft deep cut across the ridge. South of this is a D-shaped enclosure with a strong wall dry-built and still standing in places. South of this enclosure the edges of the ridge are reinforced in the less precipitous places with stone walling. The enclosed area is divided into three sections by natural crags. The structure may possibly be the result of native adaptation of the 'motte and bailey' layout to an unusual site.
Source: extract from RCAHMW visit of 1951. F.Foster/RCAHMW 26.07.2007