Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

MOREIA INDEPENDENT CHAPEL (MORIAH), HIGH STREET, BEDLINOG

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 9564

Map Reference SO00SE

Grid Reference SO09450112

Unitary (Local) Authority Merthyr Tydfil

Old County Glamorgan

Community Bedlinog

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Moreia Independent Chapel was first built in 1870 and rebuilt in 1876 by the builder Thomas Davies of Gelligaer. The chapl was rebuilt again in 1901 in the Sub-Classical style with simple round-headed windows, and a gable-entry plan. This is a two storey chapel with stairs to the gallery positioned either side of the front entrance. There is a room (a possible meeting room/ Sunday school) located to the rear of the chapel and entered by doors either side of the pulpit, as well as external doors.

RCAHMW, October 2008