All Saints’ Church is on a site that once formed part of the manor of Strata Marcella Abbey, but there is debate regarding whether it was itself a religious foundation during this time. The sources appear to indicate a fourteenth/fifteenth century origin for the church, from which period the majority of the structure dates. The pebble-dashed and whitewashed church comprises a single cell nave and chancel, a timber south east porch added in 1686, a lean-to vestry appended during restoration in the nineteenth century, and a weatherboarded bellcote with a pyramidal roof and a bell dated 1662. The church retains a perpendicular east window and its fifteenth century roof with arch braced collar trusses. The pulpit, dating from the nineteenth century, is of carved softwood in the Gothic style. Of particular note is the font, which is formed from the carved still leaf capital of a column believed to have been salvaged from Strata Marcella Abbey prior to its destruction, and dated c.1220.
Source: Cadw Listed Building Record
RCAHMW Inventory Documents
K Steele, RCAHMW, 25 November 2008