Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

TABERNACLE CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, MERTHYR ROAD, WHITCHURCH; EGLWYS NEWYDD, YR; GWAUN-TRE-ODA

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 9656

Map Reference ST17NE

Grid Reference ST15657987

Unitary (Local) Authority Cardiff

Old County Glamorgan

Community Whitchurch

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Tabernacle Presbyterian Chapel was originally built in 1866 as a Methodist chapel. This was modified in 1879 and again c.1900. The chapel was built in the Simple Round-Headed style of the gable-entry type and is now Grade 2 Listed as a rare regional survival of a Classical chapel with a later galleried interior.

RCAHMW, July 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records