Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ENGLISH WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL, NEATH ROAD AND RITSON STREET, BRITON FERRY,

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 9727

Map Reference SS79SW

Grid Reference SS74249420

Unitary (Local) Authority Neath, Port Talbot

Old County Glamorgan

Community Briton Ferry

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Briton Ferry Weslyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1856 in the Romanesque style of the gable-entry type. Th chapl had paired windows to the side elevations and a triple window in the front facade. By 1897 a schoolroom had been added to the western rear end. By 1939 this chapel had been replaced (by NPRN 13657) and converted for use as a club.

RCAHMW, July 2010