Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

BETHANIA WELSH INDEPENDENT CHAPEL, MOUNTAIN ASH RD, ABERCYNON

Site Details



NPRN 9761

Map Reference ST09NE

Grid Reference ST08119516

Unitary (Local) Authority Rhondda, Cynon, Taff

Old County Glamorgan

Community Abercynon

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Bethania Inependent Chapel was built in 1898, but was demolished in 1990. The building was constructed in the Italinate style of the gable-entry type. Its dominating feature was the large number of paired and triple round headed windows with circular mouldings to the heads and a large arch over the triple window in the pediment. The apex of the gable contained a stone plaque inscribed 'BETHANIA CAPEL Y ANNIBYNWYR AEILADWYD 1898". The site now covered by flats named Bethania, built in 1991.

RCAHMW, January 2011

Digital Images

Archive Records