Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

BETHLEHEM WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL (PRESBYTERIAN), PRYCE STREET, ABERPENNAR, MOUNTAIN ASH

Site Details



NPRN 9782

Map Reference ST09NW

Grid Reference ST04699916

Unitary (Local) Authority Rhondda, Cynon, Taff

Old County Glamorgan

Community Mountain Ash

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Bethlehem Methodist Chapel was first built in 1857, rebuilt in 1900 and demolished in 1990. The 1900 chapel was built in the Romanesque style with a central round-headed doorway in a flat-headed doorcase with pilasters and corbels. The chapel had double, round-headed windows to the outer bays (ground and first floor) and a similar triple window above the entrance. It had a gable-entry plan, two storeys and a gallery entered via stairs at the front of the chapel.

RCAHMW, November 2008

Archive Records